Full Time Staff Position
Vice President for Enrollment Management
The Senior Administrative Assistant provides administrative support for and reports to the Vice President for Enrollment Management (VPEM). As directed, the Senior Administrative Assistant may provide assistance to Enrollment Management units. Along with providing administrative support, the Senior Administrative Assistant manages key tasks including tuition exchange, international student recruitment and documentation, and online marketing.
- Assist with managing VPEM calendar. Schedules on campus appointments and meetings, including rooms and catering. May assist with travel arrangements
- Coordinate high profile constituent events including Assemblies of God Enrollment Summit and Southern California Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU) chief admissions and financial aid officer meetings
- Direct incoming VPEM telephone calls and visitors
- Receive correspondence and incoming mail, opens, date stamps, and distributes
- Order VPEM and Enrollment Management unit supplies and equipment as directed
- Obtain and researches background information detail regarding constituent inquiries into individual admission and financial aid files, and policies and processes
- Work with confidential documents and files, including tracking into institutional database
- Perform technical administrative work involving editing, proofreading, filing, word processing, spreadsheet reports, telephone communication, and copying materials. Records meeting minutes as assigned.
- Assist with annual data collection for surveys; tuition, room, and board comparison; and peer institution benchmarking research
- Assist with purchase of search and marketing services, printed collateral, electronic resources, and giveaways
- Compile weekly enrollment comparison reports. Upload enrollment data to various portals including President’s Cabinet and Board of Trustees
- Manage undergraduate international application roster
- Serve as Primary Designated School Official. Updates and maintains SEVIS records of nonimmigrant students
- Communicate with prospective and current nonimmigrant students
- Manage operations of tuition exchange programs with the CCCU Tuition Waiver Exchange Program (TWEP), The Tuition Exchange (TEI), and Regent University
- Process VPEM and Undergraduate Admissions area invoices and reimbursements. Reconcile VPEM and Undergraduate Admissions budgets against myVU. Reports monthly to VPEM.
- Create and update Undergraduate Admissions and Financial Aid web pages in WordPress and Wufoo
- Represent Enrollment Management at University Student Success and Retention Committee meetings in VPEM absence or as directed
- Provide administrative support to Enrollment Management units as assigned
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five years of progressive administrative support experience; preference is given to candidates who have worked in enrollment management, higher education, or marketing
- Working computer knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint), web and reporting software, and complex databases required
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly (interpersonal, public address and in written communication) to students, faculty, and staff, and maintain confidences and effectively work with others
- Ability to handle complaints and assist in conflict management; maintain a calm, diplomatic presence in stressful situations
- Knowledge and acceptance of principles and philosophies of Vanguard University
Full-time, Exempt position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience, and includes a generous benefits package.
Applicant should submit a completed VUSC Application for Staff Employment, this application form can be downloaded from the web at http://humanresources.vanguard.edu/employment-opportunities, along with a resume for consideration. All applications/resumes must be submitted electronically via e-mail to: RESUME@vanguard.edu. We are located at: Vanguard University of Southern California, 55 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. Applications will be received until there are a sufficient number of strong, potential candidates.
VANGUARD UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA is a private, co-educational, comprehensive University of liberal arts and professional studies that believes its evangelical Christian community in the Pentecostal tradition offers a unique opportunity for academic achievement. Vanguard University embodies a Christ-centered, multicultural community serving approximately 2200 students. Vanguard values and encourages qualified applicants who are diverse in gender, generation, ethnicity, race and/or ability, and seeks staff that will interact with faculty, staff and students in a way that reflects a commitment to cultural proficiency. Where permitted by law and in relation to the school’s heritage and mission, Vanguard does exercise religious preference throughout the University.